The main procession of the Ashura 1431 Hijri (December 28, 2009) was covering its traditional route from Nishtar Park to Hussaniya Iranian, Kharadar. The mourners of Imam Hussain (AS), in their thousands, were expressing their love for the Imam through eulogies (nohas), standards (alams) representing the Alam of Hazrat AbolFadl Abbas (AS), taziyahs, beating their chests and performing tatbir. As the front end of the procession reached the Light House intersection on the MA Jinnah road in front of the Karachi Municipal Corporation building, a powerful bomb planted inside a large box, placed there for depositing soiled Quranic pages, went off at 04:13pm.
The fire and the debris spread by the blast caused forty-three (43) martyrdoms and dozens of mourners of Imam Hussain (AS) were injured. Many aspects of this tragic incident are worth remembering:
- Vast majority of the mourners got involved in providing aid to the injured and transfer of dead bodies to hospitals, while others made sure the procession continued and reached Hussaniya Iranian ,including Sunni Muslim brothers.
- The martyrs included people from different segments of society , Sunni muslim community as well as Bohri community also offered martyrdoms alongside shia brethren.
- A few miscreants among the mourners resorted to vandalism and damaged some shops in the Light House area
- An hour or so after the blast a large number of young people arrived at the scene of blast. who were clearly not part of the procession and had come there after the news of the blast to take advantage of situation. These people indulged in the criminal activities that followed including burning of multitudes of shops in the Bolton Market area
- Immediately after the blast the so called LEAs, left the scene in a hurry grabbed by media, worth remembering scene for years and generations to come. In sharp contrast ,right,at the place of blast the standard bearers of karbala-e-asr were seen holding the alams upright even after the blast had taken place. Thats another worth remembering scene and it speaks volumes of the resilience and steadfastness of Millat-e-Jaffaria Pakistan.
- Initially the government claimed this was a suicide bombing but just a few days later the investigations proved that it was not a suicide bombing and the bomb was planted in a box placed at the Light House intersection
Funeral of the martyred mourners was performed the following day, December 29, 2010. Tens of thousands of mourners of Imam Hussain (AS) participated in the funeral of these martyrs. The entire funeral program was completed without any law & order problems which showed that the mourners are God fearing ,peace loving and disciplined . It also underscores the need for unified leadership and all inclusive consensus decision-making for organizing such mammoth gatherings.
These terrorist activities can not deter Millat-e-Jaffaria Pakistan from exercising our right to express our anger at the Arrogant Satanic Forces and also expressing our love with the Forces of Truth and Justice.
tumhein khabar hai ,lutairon ke sab thikanon ki.
shareek-e-jurm na hotay to ,mukhbiri karte!
Ashura Bomb Blast Karachi 1431 A.H